Saturday, June 2, 2012

Road Trip 2012: And We're Off!


Due to some technical difficulties, my first road trip post is a little late in coming. We've been on the road since Thursday, and really rather started it Wednesday evening.

Katie arrived a week ago today, and the first few days were spent frolicking (movies, Alamo, ice cream, etc.). The next few days were spent frantically packing up my apartment.

Katie dismantles my bike, with style
But on our last night in San Antonio, we were not in the apartment. When I first visited San Antonio in 2006, we briefly visited the Riverwalk, and I fell in love with a particular hotel. Though I cannot for the life of me find it, there is a picture of me standing on a bridge in front of this hotel, and I vowed that some day I would stay in the hotel, in a room with one of those balconies. Well, as a graduation gift, my parents got me that room!! It was an absolutely superb night.
The view from our room!

Mariachi band playing under our balcony
 We spent many hours enjoying the warm night on the balcony, wandered the Riverwalk, and then had a very swanky late-night dinner at the hotel restaurant. I also successfully made an NCIS convert out of Katie.
Ground level


Ducklings!
Alamo at sunset
May 31st was our last day in San Antonio, and it was spent finishing up the apartment. My beautiful little home, all bare and depressing;

And at long last, it was time to leave! One adventure done, a new one to start.
 
My last moment with my apartment. And my new hat!
We drove off into the sunset.

2 comments:

  1. Such an adventure of a year, and on to the next adventure! You're living life as it is meant to be lived. Can't wait for news from the Great American Road Trip!

    ReplyDelete