Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Little Moments: Minuit a Paris

I just walked in my room from seeing Minuit a Paris. I guess it must actually be called "Midnight in Paris," because all of my French professors keep referring to it in English, but the only promotions I have ever seen for it are Parisian.

I'm not actually very versed in my Woody Allen, so I wasn't really going to bother seeing it, but everyone insisted to me that seeing it in Paris is a must-have experience before I leave. I am SO glad I listened. First of all, you should see it regardless of the city you are in. It's a wonderful, sweet, adorable movie with a lot of intelligence and heart. Someone described it as Woody Allen's love letter to Paris, and I think that is apt. But having lived here for the past 5 months, it was extra special, I think. During the opening montage, I kept checking off whether I knew exactly where each snippet was. I knew a lot. Not all, certainly. There are many areas I haven't spent much time in. But give me another stay here, maybe living in a different arrondissement. I'll get it down.

Part of me wishes that this had come about about three months ago, when I was feeling annoyed by pretty much everything in Paris (that feeling is long gone, trust me). But there is also a certain melancholy to the film that fits nicely with my last week. It's evening now, so I will be erasing today on my wall- 5. Four more days. Wow.

Paris, it's been a life changer. Je te remercie.

No comments:

Post a Comment