Saturday, May 14, 2011

Little Moments: Parakeet

A bright orange and green parakeet (I think it was a parakeet- a very small parrot-type bird, at any rate) just landed on my windowsill and chirped at me for about 15 seconds before flying away. I live on the 7th floor. In Paris. I AM SO CONFUSED. Why was there a parakeet??? Why did it keep making eye contact? Why didn't it want it's picture taken?

UPDATE: Early research indicates it might be one of these fellows:

The Sun Parakeet


In other news, heading out soon so I can be at the Eiffel Tower for the first sparkling, so that I can have seen it and be heading home while the buses are still running (avoiding Metro on Saturday night = win).

1 comment:

  1. They are sooooo cute! If they came to visit you, it must be a good/fun omen! ;)

    ReplyDelete