Monday, April 11, 2011

Sunshine Exploits

Getting out and seeing the sights has a snowball-like effect, it would seem. The more you do it... the more you do it. It doesn't hurt that it has been absolutely gorgeous out for the past two weeks.

On Saturday, I went out with a few Central Folk to the Bois de Boulogne, which is essentially a gigantic park (complete with camping ground) on the westernmost edge of Paris. It was gorgeous. We picnicked and met up with some French friends of one of the Central ladies.




We also learned French dodgeball, which really threw us for a loop because it only uses one ball. It made sense eventually, and actually involves a lot more strategy, but still. It's not dodgeball. 

Sunday, I decided to take my writing out into the sunshine (or rather, the shade). Yes, in retrospect, expecting to immediately find a seat in the shade in the Tuileries on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon during Spring Break season was perhaps a little silly on my part. Be kind, I'm still learning. 

Still, I ended up first on a bench, then in a personal chair, and finally, with a fabulous spot overlooking the flowers. All in the shade. Made some excellent progress on my writing, as well!


My view from my first spot



It's finally Springtime in Paris!

The Tuileries as viewed from above

AKA my view from my third spot

A quick wander along the Seine to reach my bus, and I retreated to the land of air conditioning and water.


Notre Dame to the left, and I still haven't figured out that building to the right. Must get on that.


Sadly, no jaunting about yesterday, as I had a full day of classes, but at the very least there will be some very good jaunting this weekend- in Scotland!

1 comment:

  1. Now that you add the sunshine and flowers and picnicing Parisians, I am seriously, massively jealous! It's so cool that you are getting out AND getting back at your writing! btw, I love how your writing pad shows up in some of your photos - it really puts you there in that perfect moment.

    ReplyDelete