Friday, April 1, 2011

Hostessing

So The Katie and two of her friends from her program in Spain are up for the weekend. They went and explored Versailles today while I stayed home to try and finally get over whatever has been plaguing me for the better part of a week, and we have some excellent plans for tomorrow.

Last night, I picked them up on the outskirts of Paris when their bus from Beauvais Airport got in, and took them straight to Trocadero. I could tell that they were trying to be nice, wondering why I was insisting on taking them to this weird viewing spot rather than to the Eiffel Tower itself, but going along anyway.

Mwahaha. Were they in for a surprise.

At about 9:50, we came up out of the same Metro exit that I used on that fateful day when I first discovered Trocadero. They're chatting, being polite, etc. etc. as I keep leading them towards the view...

Then we round the corner and

BAM!

There it was, filling the sky. Lots of shrieking and jumping ensued. 

Oh yes, I am good.

We hung around, being tourists and taking lots of pictures, and it sparkled. We fended off the vendors, and took more pictures, and generally had a spiffing time. 

With my lovely Katie
The evening ended simply, with me helping them to their hostel, and then dragging Katie back to my lair for bread and sleep. 

More to come from tomorrow's adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Only a Parisian would know that tricky trick! You have arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it was somehow 10x better than going to the actual location, wasn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete