Sunday, January 30, 2011

Movie Night

I actually have two movie nights in a row.

Last night, in lieu of heading out to a club like the rest of the Central folks, two other girls and myself peeled off for a new tradition: finding American movies! They have French subtitles, so we still feel a little virtuous. Plus, our supervisor tells us that we are supposed to spend a third of our time just having fun, and not worrying about French. So really, we were just following orders.

We found Love and Other Drugs (Love et Autres Drogues), in one of a series of five theatres that surround what I gather to be Montparnasse Square. Between the 5 there are some 26 screens, I believe, showing a combination of American movies in English with French subtitles, American movies dubbed in French, and French movies (sadly, without English subtitles). Very cushy seats.

While we mainly expect to see the movies in English, we also have plans to go see a French Bollywood-esque musical that is coming out in February. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is called and post a link for you, but I will update once I figure it out!

And on the walk home, I learned that one of the girls is, like myself, obsessed with finding good interpretations of Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew. Both of us hold the ShakespeaRetold with Rufus Sewell and Shirley Henderson to be the ranking movie adaptation thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment