Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cultural Short: Popcorn

Popcorn is distressingly scarce in Paris. Through much scouring, I have managed to locate one kind of very small microwave popcorn at one store, and also very small bags of regular kernels. I actually haven't tried them out yet.

At the movie theatres, they of course do have popcorn, in much smaller servings. It is offered "a sel" or "a sucre"- with salt or with sugar. No butter, sadly, but those Central folk who enjoy kettle korn are happy campers.

On a tangent, I have also yet to find any regular M&Ms, just peanut ones.

These are both probably very good things for my figure, but they are just a tad distressing when I want to curl up and be L'Americaine!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be so happy to get that good butter-drenched popcorn when you get back to the States! But, in exchange you are going to miss the real french bread. Ce la vie!

    ReplyDelete