Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day for Les Filles Sans Des Amis

Though I'm still battling a nasty cold (I finally gave in and stopped by a pharmacie yesterday and picked up a mini drugstore for myself), I was persuaded to hit up the town for a few hours to celebrate Valentines Day.

First, my foyer-mate (we live in single rooms on the same floor) Vanessa and I found a local pizza place for a quick dinner. The news/weather was on a TV, and we were actually able to follow it! Very exciting.



After getting a teensy bit lost, we found our way to the Latin Quarter, and met up with a bunch of other Central Folk for gelato!

This is foccacina a la glace- essentially, a hot sweet pastry around gelato. I chose two different gelatos- a Nutella one and a "Speculoos" one, which is like Nutella except tastes like graham cracker crust. I actually liked the Speculoos one a lot better! 

And as we wandered back to our Metro, we passed a few favorite spots and had to camp it up...

Being cute

There was some sort of confused YMCA thing going on here when the photo snapped

"Being Quasimodo"

Being cute again, over the Seine

2 comments:

  1. What's a nasty little cold when you have valentine's day in Paris with new friends?! Glad you went out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey babe! Love the updates. Looks like you are having a wonderful time. Words cannot express how jealous I am of your time in Parie. Nor can they express how much I love and miss you. Enjoy, and keep the posts coming.

    Daddy-O

    ReplyDelete